If you have excellent communication and problem solving skills, an understanding of public policy and government systems, a post graduate university qualification, and would like to work with an awesome team. Ilifa is looking for a Programmes Director that fits this bill.
Job basis: Full time contract
Level: Senior Management
Job description: PROGRAMMES DIRECTOR
Basis: Full Time
Location: Cape Town
Ilifa works to secure an equal start for all children living in South Africa. Our goal for the next five years is to enable an extra 1 million children aged 0-5 years in SA to access free or subsidised quality early childhood development services. We do this through major partnerships with government departments and the private sector, focusing on five priority areas: 1) data for decision-making; 2) building demand for ECD; 3) systems reforms and toolkits; 4) financing and human resources; and 5) systems innovation.
Ilifa seeks to appoint a Programmes Director to play a lead role in our organisation. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join us on our quest to transform the way ECD services are delivered in SA.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Programme Director will be responsible for and play a role in the development, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of all Ilifa programmes. The Programme Director will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Provide strategic leadership to achieve Ilifa’s ambitious objectives
- Manage relationships and partnerships with national, provincial and local government
- Develop new and strategic partnerships with both public and private sector
- Manage and develop Ilifa staff in Kwazulu-Natal, North West, and Eastern Cape
- Innovate new approaches to ECD service delivery and develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organisation
- Work with ED to ensure robust financial management and governance compliance.
- Support annual strategy development and ongoing engagement with Ilifa Executive and donors
- Coordinate the programme across different objectives, provinces and partners
- Support recruitment and management of new and existing staff
- Demonstrate thought-leadership through programme delivery, research and publications
The ideal candidate:
- Independent, entrepreneurial and a team player – all at the same time!
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a leadership and management position
- Experience working in the ECD sector is not necessary
- Excellent and demonstrable strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- A high achiever yet willing to get stuck into the details
- An understanding of public policy and government systems
- A great communicator – verbal and written
- Behaves in an ethical way that is aligned with the values of the organisation
- Post graduate university qualification
- Willing to travel (mostly domestic, but very frequently)
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 February 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application unsuccessful.