Government funding for early childhood development
Can those who need it, get it?
This research set out to determine the extent to which ECD service providers in South Africa are able to access state funding. The following issues are explored:
- government ECD funding sources
- prescribed procedures
- systems and requirements for funding
- actual procedures for accessing state funding
- support from local government for ECD services within selected municipalities
- factors that enable and inhibit access to state funding for ECD service providers
Written by Sonja Giese, Debbie Budlender, Lizette Berry, Steve Motlatla, and Hambakazi Zide. Published in November 2011, by Ilifa Labantwana.
Sign up for news
DG Murray House
1 Wodin Road
+27 (0) 21 670 9840
+27 (0) 21 670 9850