The Role of EHP in Supporting ECD Centres
The ECD registration system for Environmental Health Practitioners to enhance ECD service quality
This Environmental Health Practitioner (EHP) manual is designed to ensure that at the end of the day, the EHP will:
- Understand the importance and practicalities of your role in the registration of ECD centres.
- Realise the contribution you can make to early childhood development in your municipality.
- Have a deeper understanding of the link between by-laws and Child Protection Legislations (Children’s Act).
- Have the ability to apply the required criteria for the Health Inspection Report in different contexts.
- Understand the importance of forming Child Protection Teams in districts and how linkages with Social Workers based in municipalities can play a facilitative role in the registration process.
Sign up for news
+27 (0) 21 670 9848
+27 (0) 21 670 9840