We are looking for a communication whizz to join our Cape Town team. Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years marketing and communication experience, a tertiary qualification in media/communication/marketing, and wants to use their skills to create a positive social change in South Africa.
Are you creative, detail oriented, able to develop integrated content across digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and website)? Do you have excellent writing, proofing, and copyediting skills? If you answered yes…then you’re probably exactly who we are looking for.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of early childhood development, we will teach you everything.
The successful candidate will report to the communication manager and their responsibilities will include:
- Creating and managing an integrated content plan for our digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and website)
- Creating and curating content (video, infographics, copy, blogs, images) for our website, digital newsletter, and print publications
- Daily management of our Facebook and Twitter social media channels
- Managing content on our WordPress website
- Maintain and update our resource library
- Proofreading and copyediting
- Identifying and creating media opportunities to increase public awareness of the importance of ECD
- Executing administrative tasks – internal reports, sourcing quotes, processing payments, etc.
- Assisting in the execution of the national campaign Side-by-Side, on the request of the Communications Manager or Campaign Manager
- A tertiary qualification in media/communication/marketing/similar
- At least three years’ relevant previous experience
- Expertise in copy writing and editing
- Proven experience in content creation (video, infographics, copy, blogs, images)
- Social media channel and community management skills
- MS Office, Google Analytics, social media metrics proficient
- Graphic design experience (InDesign) beneficial
- Video production experience beneficial
- Must have the ability to initiate and implement creative ideas independently
Interested? Send us your CV and a brief note telling us why you want to work with us to email@example.com by 26 June 2019.